Ashfold has been awarded 'EXCELLENT' in all categories by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) following our recent Compliance & Educational Quality Inspection.
A double “excellent” is the highest possible outcome for a school during a full Focused Compliance & Educational Quality Inspection.
Inspectors stated that the school was:
- excellent, both for the quality of pupils’ academic and other achievements, and
- excellent, for the quality of pupils’ personal development.
We are particularly delighted that an external, independent body has not only recognised the excellent school that we are, but also that they have captured the essence of who we are; highlighting how we build in our pupils the confidence and strength of character for tomorrow’s world.
A full copy of the report can be downloaded in the link below and we have shared with you a selection of its highlights in the video:
Summary of findings
1. The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils develop excellent knowledge, skills and understanding across a wide range of subjects.
- Pupils’ communication skills are extremely well-developed.
- Pupils’ numeracy skills are excellent.
- Pupils develop highly positive attitudes towards learning.
2. The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent.
- Pupils show excellent self-discipline, self-confidence and resilience.
- Pupils’ ability to make rational and balanced decisions is strong.
- Pupils’ behaviour in lessons and around the school is of a high standard.
- Pupils work extremely effectively with others to achieve common goals.
- Pupils know how to stay safe and they have a well-developed understanding of how to be physically and mentally healthy.